From the Roma-Fiuggi line origin to the railway museum
The origins date back to 1917, but the railway building
started in 1913.
In 1917, during the First World War, without ceremony, the
started. The railway connected the Monti Prenestini and Simbruini
villages, at the time linked by poor roads. The Second World War events
put a strain on the railway efficiency, which started to feel the
effect of competition from road transport.
During the 1960's the politic class inaction added to the
line's slow decline until its end; an engineering rail work disappeared
After more then 20 years of neglect, and in a deteriorated
state, the tracks have now been restored and today they host a huge
collection of historic railway cars; the “traveller building”
represents the heart of the museum with a collection of historic images
of life at the station, an exposition of old staff and tools and a
faithful reconstruction of the stationmaster office.
Nowadays the 500 metres trucks are the only preserved of the whole line.
Find us on Facebook!
The Ferrovia-Museo is part of the
Territorial Museum System "Museumgrandtour"